Wednesday 20 February 2008

Sweden moves closer

Yesterday I had my last Spanish class. Ever. Probably.
It actually went quite ok and I wasn't so stressed to talk that I usually am at classes. That doesn't mean I speak any good Spanish still though. But nice to finish it in that way.

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to highly respectable Uppsala University to ask if I could retake my exam in Icelandic. I took that Icelandic course eight years ago and haven't really done it again yet. So I didn't really know what they were going to respond, but that was no problem, I am welcome to do it. Orally this time. So I sent another e-mail to the icelandic teacher, Heimir. I wrote the e-mail in Icelandic and his response was: ,,Þetta verður ekkert vandamál" - this will be no problem. I really hope I will pass a beginners course in Icelandic after having lived on the island for almost two years and had an icelandic boyfriend for a year.
Then I could also attend Icelandic 2, which is the next course.

And my school said no prob to me when I wanted to attend the classes in statistics once again, so I can pass that exam.

Anna-Karin found a new suitcase for me, so I can bring all my stuff (including heavy books) back to Sweden.

I'm looking forward to going home, even though I start liking Barcelona a little bit better now. Probably just because I have finally started to party here and seen nice looking boys.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away - so now when I leave Apple, will I be sick? Or can I eat apples instead of working for one?

2 comments:

Aurora said...

Bueno, siempre puedes volver, al menos para vernos un rato. Pero tienes que acabar tus estudios, necesito un vet.! (o mejor Gaudi quizas)!

Jamie, Davíð og James Hafsteinn said...

Don't you want to come back to Iceland to work on your Icelandic before taking the exam?!:-)